Beginnings...


I was born in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.  This is an island in the Caribbean with Spanish as it's main language.  Santo Domingo is the capital of the country.

I am my mother's second child and my father's fourth child. My dad always wanted a girl, and he knew what my name would be when my mom was pregnant with my older brother. They didn't have a name for a boy, and had name him after birth.

My father worked and my mom stayed home to care for us.  My memories of childhood are not as vivid some of my family members.  I sometimes feel jealous as to the amount of details they can recall from their childhood.

Most of my childhood memories are divided into before my dad left to USA, after my dad left USA and we lived alone with my mom, and after we were all reunited in New York.

I've had many beginnings during my lifetime. This blog is one of them.  By listening to podcasts, I've learned that everyone has a voice and a story that needs to be heard.  I have taken that message to heart by making my story available to all who might benefit from the lessons I've learned.

My goal is to write about my life experiences which have turned me into the person I am today.  Some will be happy, some will be sad, and others will be hard.  I am still struggling to figure out certain aspects of my life, and I hope that writing about these struggles can bring some clarity.

Welcome, and thank you for sharing this new beginning with me!!


Comments